First Day of School 2020:
The first day of school for the 2020-2021 school year will be Wednesday, August 5th. Every Wednesday during the school year, beginning with the first day, will be an early release day, with students dismissing at 12:30.
2020 School Safety Procedures
· Car Riders – Student temps will be checked before parents pull off. Students with a temp greater than 100 will not be allowed on campus.
· Walkers – Student temps will be checked before entering building.
· Bus Riders – Student temps will be checked by bus drivers.
· All students will report to their homeroom classes
· Pre-K and Kindergarten students will be separated while eating in cafeteria.
· 1st and 2nd assistants will pick up breakfast and delivered back to rooms.
· 3rd – 6th graders eating breakfast will have it delivered to classrooms.
· Water bottles will be provided to all students at the beginning of school to be used in the bottle filling stations instead of the fountains.
· Parents will be responsible for cleaning and replacing lost or damaged bottles.
· Recess times will be staggered throughout the day so that no more than two classes are out at a time and located on different playgrounds.
· Teachers will be calling and scheduling a time for parents and students to meet during the last week of July. Meeting times will be staggered by family. Temps will be checked before entering the building. Future parent meetings will be done via School Status, Zoom, or phone.
· Students showing symptoms of Covid, fever, stomach ache, headache, etc. will be isolated in a room outside the office until they are picked up by a parent. Students must be symptom free for 24 hours without medication before returning to school.
· Only classes changing rooms will be 3rd and 4th grade students and 5th and 6th grade students. Before classes rotate students will be taken out by teacher to allow the rooms to be disinfected. The library, p.e. room, music room, and typing room will also be disinfected between class changes.
· Students will eat in the cafeteria. No more than two classes at a time in the cafeteria. Classes will be separated in the cafeteria. There will be 5 minutes between lunch times to allow for cleaning. Because each Wednesday is a shortened school day dismissing at 12:40, lunches will be prepared and brought to the classrooms.
· Masks are not mandatory but strongly recommended. We strongly recommend each student have a mask in their backpack in case a safety situation arises in which a student would need to wear a mask.
· Parents signing out students will need to do so by 2:40. After that time the parent will need to wait in the car rider line. Parents will not be allowed in the office except for emergency situations or with prior administrative approval. Parents will push the intercom button outside the door to speak with the secretary and the student will be called to the office for sign out.
· Car riders – Pre-k and K will be separated on the two benches in front of the school. The rest of our students will be called from their classrooms.
· Walkers will be dismissed at 3:05
· Bus Riders will be dismissed one bus at a time starting at 3:10. Bus riders are required to wear a mask while on the bus.